PE and Sports Premium
PRIMARY SPORT PREMIUM FUNDING Follow this link to see the evaluation of our PE and Sports Fund spending in July 2020
St. Mary’s School continues to aim high in all areas of sports and physical activity. We use our sports premium funding to ensure that pupils' opportunities and experience in these areas is maximised and also what we deliver is educationally sustainable.
WHAT IS THE PE AND SPORT PREMIUM FUNDING?
PE and Sport Premium Funding is designed to help primary schools improve participation, as well as the quality of the PE and sports activities they offer their pupils.
Schools receive funding based on the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6.
Schools must spend the funding to improve participation and the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
SCHOOL KEY FOCUS AREAS FOR 2020 ONWARDS
Our approach is to continue to develop the successful areas from the previous year and to introduce new opportunities for our pupils through:
- the hiring of qualified sports coaches to work with pupils and teachers;
- working with local organisations to provide new experiences and challenges for our pupils in these areas;
- training our subject leader and other staff so that they may deliver high quality learning in these areas;
- providing staff with quality teaching resources to help teach PE and sport to the highest standards;
- improving our school sports and PE facilities to offer the best possible opportunities for all of our pupils;
- employing additional teaching assistant / instructor support to enable greater participation in sports events;
- participation in a wide range of events and sports competitions and linking with other schools to develop partnership work in PE;
- supporting PE staff to coach and attend sporting events;
- running school sports clubs and providing outdoor learning experiences;
- increasing the opportunities for use of the outdoor learning environment.