PE and Sports Premium
The primary schools sports funding is being used to provide regular sports activities led by external sports coaches. Pupils have equal access to all sports activities on offer .... pupils enjoy the opportunities that have been provided for them. Ofsted March 2014.
PRIMARY SPORT PREMIUM FUNDING PLANNED SPENDING 2018-2019 FINANCIAL YEAR
St. Mary’s School continues to aim high with its plan to use the ‘Legacy from the 2012 Games’ and ensure that this opportunity is maximised and what we deliver is educationally sustainable.
WHAT IS THE PE AND SPORT PREMIUM FUNDING?
PE and Sport Premium Funding is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sports activities they offer their pupils.
Schools receive funding based on the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
SCHOOL KEY FOCUS AREAS FOR 2018 ONWARDS
Our approach will be to continue to develop the successful areas from the previous year and to introduce new opportunities for our pupils:
- the hiring of qualified sports coaches to work with pupils and teachers
- providing staff with teaching resources to help teach PE and sport to the highest standards
- employing additional teaching assistant / instructor support for PE
- participation in sports competitions and linking with other schools to develop partnership work in PE
- supporting PE staff to attend sporting events through overtime payments and travel expenses
- the supporting of pupils by running school sports clubs and providing outdoor learning experience
- increasing the opportunities for use of the outdoor learning environment